Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Three Summer Reading Picks


With summer officially started, there are tons on beach reads lists.  I would like to add my two (three?) cents and give my three recommendations

On Grace by Susie Orman Schnall
I liked this book for its relatability. Real problems in marriages and friendships. Daily struggles of the multiple roles played by wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends. Read my full review here: http://www.ivoryowlreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-grace.html


The Wishing Tree by Mary Beth Whalen
I'm still reading this one so I can't give a full review, but Ivy Marshall finds out that her husband cheated on her the same day that her sister is proposed to on national television. She returns to her family's coastal home to help her sister plan her wedding and mend her broken heart.
Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky
Two women reuite after ten years apart. Secrets unite them and will tear them apart.  Add an island setting, good blogging and some romance.  I'm calling it Something's Gotta Give meets Message In A Bottle. Read my full review here: http://www.ivoryowlreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/sweet-salt-air.html

Check out some other great lists here:
SheReads
Publisher's Weekly
Go Local Prov
Oprah's 6 Sizzling New Beach Reads
And download this list for FREE from Amazon
Atria Summer 2013 Beach Reads

Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig