Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Blog Birthday and Liebster Award

Ivory Owl Reviews is 2 years old today!! 
And I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!


Fellow SheReads member, Monica at The Readathon nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you Monica!!! 

The Rules 
  • Link and thank the person who nominated your blog
  • Answer the eleven questions they asked you
  • Pick eleven bloggers with less than two hundred followers to nominate
  • Ask them eleven questions
  • Let them know that you’ve nominated them by commenting on one of their posts

My questions: 

1. What was your favorite childhood book?
Magic Elizabeth by Norma Kasher
2.  Have you read a book that has changed your attitude towards something?
Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Forer
3.  Why did you start blogging about books?
I was lucky enough to interview Kimberly Brock two years ago and she asked if I had a book blog. It was like a light bulb went off. I thought "I should definitely do that!"
4.  How many books have you read so far this year?
I have read 89 books so far in 2014
5.  Who is your favorite character (out of all the books you've read)?
How is it possible to choose? Usually my favorite is whichever one I just read.
6.  Why do you like or relate to that character? What is it about them that you like?
I know what books I'm going to like most of the time before I even start reading it so I usually already know whether I will like the main character. I like a strong, sassy, female lead character. 
7.  If you don't like a book do you finish it or stop reading?
I try to finish most so that I can give a thorough review but I'm not afraid to stop reading because life is too short and my TBR list is too long to spend time reading a book I don't enjoy. 
8.  Do you like to watch movies made from books? Why or why not?
No. They are never as good. That being said, I do want to see Gone Girl
9.  Where is your favorite place to read?
In the bathtub! Only with paperbacks though. Otherwise I have a comfy bed in our office. 
10. If you could meet any character from any book, who would it be and why?
Bonaventure Arrow
11. If you could jump into any story and live it, what story would you choose and why?
The Perfume Collector. The travels in the story are decadent. Monte Carlo, Paris...*sigh*

I nominate:

  1. What is your favorite book of 2014 so far?
  2. Do you re-read any books on a regular basis?
  3. How long have you been book blogging?
  4. What is your favorite book blogging link-up?
  5. How many books do you usually read each year?
  6. Do you save all your books or do you do regular purges?
  7. What book really sparked your love of reading?
  8. Do you have any authors that you have read everything they have written?
  9. What is your favorite reading snack?
  10. What is your least favorite book?
  11. What time of day is your usual reading time?
What a great award! I can't wait to share it with some of my fellow book bloggers!



Share:

No comments

© Ivory Owl Reviews | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig